9/7/09

I HEART LANCOME


Hello lovelies,
I had to do a touch of gratuitous brand whoring this week because three of my absolute favourite products are on their last legs (sob) and I have just consciously realised that all three bear the Lancome name. I used to naively pass this make up brand over in favour of the glitzier 'make up artist" brands such as Mac and Nars but I have since discovered that for quality basics with consistently fabulous results you can't go past the french makeup house. The Lancome gems that have pride of place in my makeup bag are....

Effacernes Waterproof Protective Undereye Concealer - A creamy liquid concealer with magical glowy qualities which covers up under eye circles and bags in a flash without looking heavy or settling into fine lines and wrinkles. A dream to blend, it can also be used to conceal red patches and uneven skin tone in other facial areas.


Virtuose Mascara
- No I don't have premature onset of Alzheimer's and yes I do realise I'm repeating myself once again.... but it is just that good, if you haven't bought it already, go and buy it NOW. This mascara creates lush, long lashes with a divine curl in a flash, without clumps, smudging or flaking. Definitely worth the money.. I truly believe it's the best curling mascara on the market and it will lift any look instantly. A warning however, it is not for the fainthearted. Prepare to noticed...and proposed to by strange men on an almost daily basis.

Le Crayon Khol Waterproof Eyeliner has a silky smooth texture and pigment that packs a punch. The perfect pencil for creating an dramatic smokey eye, it comes in a range of smouldering colour choices and will stay put through just about anything.

With all three products, a little goes a long way (both the concealer and eyeliner have lasted me almost six months of twice daily application) so while they may seem like pricey investments when you take a deep breath and hand over your credit card, they more than make up for it with their cost per wear ratio.

No comments: