9/21/09

MAC ATTACK

In anticipation of the makeup course I am starting tomorrow( be prepared for an onslaught of tips and tricks in the coming weeks my lovelies!) I have recently done my fair share of beauty hauling. The majority of my beauty finds were purchased from MAC, my go-to counter for fabulous eyeshadow and lipsticks in every colour of the rainbow, catwalk quality foundations, and a fantastic range of mineral based goodies.

Despite the protests of my bank manager and boyfriend, I pushed my credit card into even more dire financial straits so I could be the proud owner of the following:

MAC Fluidline
in Blacktrack which is a gel liner in an inky black shade. It takes the guess work out of a liquid liner and means you can choose how thick or thin to make your line. It's relatively smudge proof with a creamy consistency that makes it a dream to blend and its waterproof qualities mean it is perfect for lining the inner bottom eye rim for a sexy bad girl gaze. You can also use this product as a base for an intensely smokey eye.

The only downside is the $50 plus MAC is charging for the brush you are "meant" to apply it with. Solution = Buy an angled eyeliner brush from a cheap brand like QVS or Manicare...works a treat for a fraction of the cash. Just make you sure you clean it regularly, otherwise the leftover product on the bristles with dry up and the brush will go hard.

My next purchase was an old favorite but still a goody....MAC Bronzing Powder in Golden. It creates a light golden glow that is perfect for the spring months and can be easily built up without caking. This is sheer enough to be used all over your face to lift winter white complexions or placed on key parts of the face (nose, cheekbones, temples, top of forehead) to create a subtle, sun kissed, contoured effect.

The final product is one I caved in and bought after I had heard a number of other beauty blogger's raving about it. MAC Blush in Harmony is a matt pink brown colour that works fantastically for contouring. It is highly pigmented puppy though so avoid getting overenthusiastic with application and be careful to always blend, blend, blend otherwise it can end up looking a tad on the dirty side(you grubby faced street urchin you). Use under cheekbones to define and on the sides of your nose to slim its width.

Et voila...instant supermodel!

No comments: