6/17/10

GOING OVER TO THE DARK SIDE



In what I'm ashamed to admit, may be a subconscious homage to Kristin Stewart (that girl is so cool it hurts) and all things vampiric, I have recently become obsessed with dark nailpolish.

All shades of navy, purple, burgundy and charcoal are tickling my fancy and earning me a series of charming nicknames from my other half such as emo, goth and twihard.

Theres no accounting for taste (his) but personally I find dark nails look vamp-tastic with winter's deeper toned fashion or work well as a witty contrast with a pretty, pastel and feminine outfit. Slick on some black liner to finish off and you'll be ready to bitch-face with the best of them.

On a side note...I was lying in bed with a certain bf this morning discussing my choice of manicure colour (a deliciously deep, dark, chocolate brown) when he suggested grey nails could be a "sweet" look. I then informed him that grey nails were currently the 'IT' thing....and he now thinks he is New Zealand's heterosexual answer to Gok Wan. MEN.

No comments: