10/22/11

Mineral Love



I have been dipping my fingers in the mineral powder pot of late after getting fed up with the streaks and shine that go hand in hand with my skin and liquid foundation.

Cue two wonder prods from those superstars of the mineral world - ID Bare Minerals and Jane Iredale, which deliver deliciously sheer and shine free coverage that has me well and truly converted.

ID Bare Minerals SP 15 Foundation was my very first foray into mineral makeup and while I love it for its soft, natural and glowing finish, the mess of loose powders is less than ideal. It also seems to be disappearing of the shelves at all of my favorite beauty stockists ( I smell a relaunch- watch this space) which means I've had to look further afield to find my holy grail.

Jane Iredale Pressed Powder was recommended to me by one of the editors at work and after a few false starts,(your skin has to be very hydrated to make the most of this one,) the glamorous, gold compact and I have well and truly formed a meaningful relationship. Best bits? It gives you a gleaming, screen siren finish and lasts all day without a hint of slipping south.

No comments: